Sunday 21 April 2013

Mumma's Rock Cakes

My mum is a chef and is always cooking the yummiest food, since I was younger I've always loved helping her out in the kitchen, so I thought I'd bake some cakes with her and do a step by step post on her recipe! Here we go...

                                                   
Ingredients:

8oz/225g Self Raising Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
4oz/110g Soft Butter
2oz/55g Caster Sugar
6oz/110g Mixed Fruit
1 Medium Egg
1-3 tbsp Milk
1tsp Mixed Spice


First of all pre-heat your oven to 200C.

STEP 1:

Place the Self Raising Flour into a large mixing bowl and add 1tsp of Baking Powder and 1tsp of Mixed Spice.









STEP 2:

Add 4oz of Soft Butter to the mix and get those hands in and gently break up the pieces until the mixture is breadcrumb-like.
 

STEP 3:

Create a hole in the middle of the mixture.





Then add the Mixed Fruit into the middle, then add the Caster Sugar, Eggs and Milk.       

Mix until it becomes a dough.



STEP 4:

Grease the baking trays then create rough rock cake shapes, they don't have to look perfect at all!
Place them on the baking tray.



STEP 5:

Place them in the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown depending on the oven type.










STEP 6:

When they are ready take them out, place them on a rack and leave to cool for a few minutes and they're ready to eat!
ENJOY!!


 How yummy do these look?!!






Let me know if you try these out? Happy baking! :) 









4 comments:

  1. I love to bake and these look awesome! I will definitely be giving them a try once I get the chance :) I just stumbled upon your blog and I'm loving it so far so I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, you can check it out here:

    http://dollfacedisasterbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/04/versatile-blogger-award-2.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Do tell me how they turn out if you get the chance to try them :) ahh that's pretty damn awesome thank you! :) x

      Delete
  2. Lovely blog! Now following, you can check out my blog and follow back via GFC or Bloglovin' if you wish(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking it out! I followed back, great blog too! :) x

      Delete