Thursday 18 April 2013

DIY ~ Dyeing Jeans

My fav pair of jeans from boohoo (boohoo.com) are great but, they have got a tad warn out and the navy colour just doesn't suit anything I wear. I'm forever searching for the perfect pair of black jeans but have never had any luck, so I thought of the idea of dyeing my jeans and looked into it, I found a great product that dyes denim so I had to try it out;

Dylon Wash & Dye





(I put on some rubber gloves before handling anything, this is recommended.)
I firstly emptied the contents of my Dylon Wash & Dye in Velvet Black into the drum of my washing machine and added my jeans in with no other item, (just the jeans for maximum results). I then put the machine temperature to 40c and put it on a standard cotton wash through the whole cycle.

After this was over, which was about 1 hour later, I added some normal washing detergent to the washing machine and put it through another cotton wash cycle. This allows the machine to be cleaned from the dye and to get any access dye off of the jeans. 

When this was finally done I took them out and left them to dry naturally. I was kind of hoping for the worst seeing as trusting myself to pull something like this off is minimal but they turned out pretty good!
I highly recommend this product if you are searching to revive your old jeans! 



Before                                                                         After

(You can notice the change in colour and no more fading on the knee area, its just like a brand new pair of jeans!)







No comments:

Post a Comment